Sunday, May 1, 2011

Roadside Restoration: IKEA set of drawers


Hey again, 

This is the second “broken” set of IKEA drawers I have I found on a verge pickup.
This one was sitting on the side of the road in excellent condition except for two drawers that had damaged runners. It seems this particular range (ANEBODA) damages easily as they are not the sturdiest of drawers costing only $99 new.


I removed the 3 drawers and threw out the damaged runners, then went to Ikea and came back with a set of new runners, free of charge. So after a heavy serve of Swedish meatballs I came home, cleaned it up and screwed it all back together.  



 So I turned an unwanted, damaged chest of drawers into a near new chest of drawers for $0 (well a small trip to Ikea)



 This is a perfect example that one person’s trash is another’s treasure.

Thanks for reading.

 RR

2 comments:

  1. I need new runners for the same dresser. I don't live close to an ikea so I am hoping to order some similar ones online. Are you able to get the length of yours and width?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need new runners for the same dresser. I don't live close to an ikea so I am hoping to order some similar ones online. Are you able to get the length of yours and width?

    ReplyDelete